4.20.2010

The Droid, Santa Catalina, and My Junior Seahawk

The only access to a computer I have had for over a month has been my new Droid phone. While I love it for the uber-convenience of having everything literally in-hand at any time, it is not quite able to directly upload my photo updates to this blog. And what's a blog post without a photo, right???
Having hijacked my dh's work computer today, without further adieu...

Last month, we took a trip out to Catalina Island for a couple of days to celebrate my first baby turning 10 (double digits!!!!) We couldn't have asked for better weather!


Original Jack's Country Kitchen is the BEST restaurant in town for grass-fed beef burgers and organic chicken. Order the Hawaiian French toast with Portugese sausage and coconut syrup. Delish!
Golf carts were the most popular mode of transportation...... since the waiting list to get a car barged over is over 20 years long!


Scenes from a glassbottom boat tour:



We spent all of 20 minutes at the Wrigley Botanial Garden, having been driven out early by the sounds and sights of what must have been thousands of bees.


Earlier this month, S attended the Jr. Seahawk program at the Ocean Institute in Dana Point. She had a great time and learned some interesting things about life at sea. She enjoyed creating this watercolor resist to accompany her composition.


Lastly, my baby finally lost a tooth! [Sorry for the side-angle. The Droid camera-phone is definitely not a Nikon.]

No comments: